Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Matthew Williams: Killer found eating victim

The owner of a B&B where Matthew Williams murdered a woman in an act of cannibalism has told of the horror she witnessed.
Mandy Miles, of Sirhowy Arms Hotel in Argoed, told how she saw Williams, 34, leaning over 22-year-old Cerys Yemm's body, lying in a pool of blood.
Mr Williams, who had just got out of jail, died after being shot by a Taser.
Ms Miles said: "I was in shock and I was frightened - Matthew just kept his head down - he didn't look up at me."
Initial post mortem results indicate Ms Yemm died from head injuries. Gwent Police said on Tuesday that it may take a number of weeks before the post mortem examination is completed.

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams remained leaning over his victim's body and did not respond when he was found
Recalling what happened at her B&B for homeless people in the early hours of last Thursday, Ms Miles said she was wrapping Christmas presents in a cottage in the grounds of the B&B when her 24-year-old son came to her.
He said he had been told that Williams was in his room with a woman, which was not permitted under the rules of the establishment.
After knocking the bedroom door and getting no answer, she used the door's passcode and went in.
"That's when I saw Matthew," she said.
"He was just leaning over her and she was on the floor. I could see there was no sign of life because of the extent of blood pooling on the floor.
"He didn't say anything. I spoke to him and said, 'Matthew, what are you doing?' He just remained looking down on the floor.
"I don't know what he had done."
Ms Miles, who is studying for a degree in criminology and psychology, said Ms Yemm's neck had been injured but said she did not see any act of cannibalism.
She then held his bedroom door closed, although he did not try to escape, and called the police and made sure no residents could enter.
"I could not see his face. Who in their right mind would just carry on leaning and looking down?," she said.She said prior to the murder she had not had any problems with Williams and she is adamant he was not aware of what he was doing.
"A reaction like that, me walking in would make you stand up, it would make you lift your head.
"That told me he didn't know what he was doing."
After three police officers arrived at the scene, Ms Miles stayed downstairs with 15 other residents and said she could hear police shouting at Williams to calm down.
She did not know he had died until about three hours later.
Ms Miles has run the B&B, which takes in homeless people, for seven years.
In that time she said she has never been told of the past of any ex-offender using her establishment because the information is not passed on from the prison and probation services, she added.


No comments:

Post a Comment