Friday, October 25, 2013
The Greenfield Zombie Walk Shuffles To Life Again! (Indiana) 10/26/13
On Saturday, October 26th, the Undead will return to the streets of Greenfield for the Second Annual Greenfield Zombie Walk.
• Events kick off at 5 p.m. with a drop-in Zombie 101 Workshop upstairs in ‘the Belfry’ at the Ricks Centre at 122 West Main. Certified experts with PhDs in Zombiology will be on hand to help you with make-up, up your costume, and instruct you in realistic Zombie behavior.
• As for the Zombie Walk itself, Zombie Overlords will depart with small groups of Zombies from the Ricks Centre at five-minute intervals starting at 6 p.m. This will create more of a parade type atmosphere to encourage spectators to come out. Zombies LOVE spectators, but have promised to be on their best behavior walking through the streets. No, the Zombies will not be throwing candy to the crowd and conversely, the crowd is strongly encouraged NOT to feed the Zombies — candy or otherwise.
• As Zombies return to the theatre after the Walk, they can participate in a Zombie Trivia Contest — again, with prizes, get their pictures taken in the Zombie Photo Booth. A Zombie craft project will keep the little ones busy.
• The Zombie Costume Contest will feature three different categories: 12 and under, Best ‘Famous’ Zombie Character, and Most Original Zombie. There will be cash prizes given for first place and runner-up in all three categories.
• The finale of the evening is a showing of the original House on Haunted Hill with the inimitable Vincent Price.
Registration for the Zombie Walk is just $5 and it includes all of the above. Visit the Greenfield Zombie Walk Facebook page or call 317-477-2787 for more information.