Sunday, April 22, 2012


Electric Zombies (2006)

Electric Zombies DVD 071083580864 Front


Director: John Specht
Writers: Richard Novosak & John Specht
Synopsis: Cult horror director John Specht's low-budget feature, "Electric Zombies," neatly cobbles together two disparate genres: the conspiracy thriller and the horror/slasher movie. It also comments sardonically on the post-9/11 fear of the U.S. government-gone-haywire, as it recounts the tale of a misguided federal project to brainwash "enemies of the state" via cell-phone signals. The signals inadvertently grow in power and become redirected to the U.S., turning unsuspecting civilians into super-obedient zombies whenever their cell phones are answered. They receive self-destructive orders, which they follow will-lessly -- orders running the gamut from self-mutilation to suicide to homicide to riot. Those who manage to escape from falling prey to the menace must find a way to stop the threat -- before the U.S. erupts into unchecked anarchy. 

Wha'? ...I'm sorry...I must've dozed off...

1) ACTING: I'm torn on this one. I do not know if the stars of this movie just can't act, or if the script was just horrible, or possibly a combination of the two. I got the impression that a lot of the dialogue was "make it up as you go." And the director really needs to tell his actors not to stare into the camera. Breaking the "4th wall" rule is a no-no.

2) PRODUCTION: The sound was bad, the filming was bad, the lighting was bad; it's as if EVERYTHING was filmed with a camcorder. Scenes don't flow together as the editing is really choppy and bad. This was more of a "Crime Drama about mind control" than a "zombie / horror" movie. And lastly, this movie had a listed budget of $10,000.00. I really don't see where it was spent, possibly on catering...?

3) THE ZOMBIES: There were zombies in this movie? Well, if you consider "You are under my control and must do all that I tell you" I SUPPOSE so, but it seemed like mind control to me. The fact that "zombies" was even in the title is very misleading, as we all know what the current definition of a "zombie" is.

4) THE CAUSE: IF there were zombies in this film, I suppose the cause would have been the secret microwaves being emitted to everyone's cell phones.

5) NUDITY: No amount of nudity would have saved this movie. I was in so much pain from watching this movie,  I honestly do not remember.

FINAL: There is absolutely nothing positive that I can say about this movie. I don't know what the people behind this movie were thinking. During the video store shoot out, I kept hoping one of those bullets would come through my tv screen and put me out of my misery. You would be better off to just stare at a blank tv screen for 90 minutes. Electric Zombies needs to have its power turned off...permanently.

RATING: 0 out of 5

SPECIAL NOTE OF INTEREST: Electric Zombies is my number 1 movie of all time...for being the worst zombie movie I have EVER seen. Of all the dreck I have watched, Electric Zombies, without a doubt, hands down, is pure garbage; not worthy to be buried in a landfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment