Tuesday, April 17, 2012

 The Veil (2005)

The Veil (2005)
Director: Richard Chance
Writers: Jonathon Chance & Richard Chance
Synopsis: An airborne virus has been accidentally released on a British town, turning all of the occupants into lumbering, flesh eating zombies. A group of Special Air Service agents are sent in to investigate, but rapidly find their numbers dwindling and radio contact cut off. The three remaining men; Green, Anderson and Weston, hold up in an abandoned house while zombies surround them on all sides. Fighting off claustrophobia and infighting, they have to keep it together and find their way to safety before the shuffling masses rip them to pieces.

Review time!!

1) ACTING: The acting was pretty good for a low / no budget indie. No oscars will be awarded here, but everyone seemed convincing in their roles.

2) PRODUCTION: The filming seemed weird to me. I had a lot of scenes that pixelated on me. I tried the dvd on another dvd player and on my computer, and I still had the pixelation issues. The black & white filming helped make the movie seem more desperate & hopeless, more destitute. The blood and gore was plentiful and many different weapons were used to dispose of the zombies.

3) THE ZOMBIES: Nothing really new here. The zombies seemed to differ in look and "speed" from zombie to zombie.

4) THE CAUSE: Man made air virus.

5) NUDITY: None.

FINAL: Overall, I did enjoy this, as the people behind it are obviously individuals who enjoy the zombie genre. Some new ideas were presented to the viewers. I do wish, though, that there was more money involved, as I felt there were some budgetary restraints that hindered the film. Also, the film clocked in at 2 and a half hours, and I felt that some scenes were drawn out and could have benefited from being shortened. And I won't even mention the art on the dvd case. The company behind the distribution of 'The Veil' was responsible for the artwork. A nice entry into the low / no budget zombie indie. Be sure to check out what's behind 'The Veil!'

RATING: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment