Sunday, October 28, 2012

A NON-ZOMBIE POST FOR A FRIEND

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO JOSHUA BLACK



Rating: Mature
Covers: Emanuel Sotomayor
Writer: Martin Dunn
Artist: Roberto Duque
Inker: Carlos Hernandez
Genre: Horror/Dark Comedy
Awards: N/A
Publication Date: Oct 2012
Format: Comic Book
Page Count: 24 pages
Age range: 16+
Synopsis:
Seventeen year old, Joshua Black once thought that he was just as normal as anyone else. What he never realized was that he was destined to become a great leader, a revolutionary, and a Martyr…
His future however is not what it was predetermined to be…
I was privileged enough to receive an complimentary copy of this new comic. I decided to write to the creators, telling them exactly what I thought. Here is what I wrote:
"Dear Sirs,

Just thought I would drop you a line or two about your upcoming comic, 'Joshua Black.'
I was fortunate enough to get a copy of the black and white variant, and let me tell you, I was not disappointed! I had heard good things regarding 'Joshua Black' and they all turned out to be true! 
The storyline is comprehensive, as I find some "origin issues" to be somewhat jumbled as the creators are trying to cram as much information as possible into the first issue. There was just enough info here that kept my interest and made me look forward to more. I must admit, that when this issue "ended," I was disappointed as I wanted to know what happened next! 
The artwork is a nice, refreshing change of pace from the latest "current trend" style that is going around now. No giant muscles or huge breasted women; just regular, everyday, normal people in regular, everyday, normal surroundings. Sometimes, I honestly think that some of the current crop of artists can't draw a simple "walking through the neighborhood scene" without super peoples beating the Hell out of each other.
I really think you have a hit on your hands, and I hope, that in this Marvel/DC/Image over-saturated market, you find the audience that 'Joshua Black' so richly deserves.
I wish you much success and look forward to the next upcoming issue!

Sincerely Yours"

I encourage everyone to pick up a copy while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment