Saturday, October 20, 2012


Forbes' Top 10 Best Cult Classic Horror Movies Of All Time







You can never have enough horror movies, right? Right! Which is why this year for Halloween, I’ve already given you top ten lists for the scary slasher stories, frightening phantom features, and menacing monster movies. But I’m not done yet, dear readers! Killers, ghosts, and creatures are just the start of my movie lists this year, and today I continue the terrifying trend with a list of the top ten best cult horror films ever made!


These are movies that might not have been huge box office and/or critical successes when they first hit theaters, but over time their reputations grew and they developed a highly devoted cult of fans that breathed new life into the pictures and led to sustained viewership over time. Some are more obscure, some are lower-budget, some are cheesier and more quirky, but all of them are great to watch and must-see entertainment for fans of cult horror.


This is a category with so many great ones to choose from, it was a lot of fun but also hard to decide what to include and what to leave off. I hope you enjoy the list, and if you’ve not seen some of these films, I hope you give them a chance. And now, here they are, the ten best cult horror movies of all time! 



10. 'Zombi 2' (1979)



9. 'Angel Heart' (1987)



8. 'Scanners' (1981)



7. 'Re-Animator' (1985)



6. 'In the Mouth of Madness' (1994)



5. 'The Haunting' (1999)



4. 'The Wicker Man' (1973)



3. 'The Evil Dead' (1981)



2. 'Night of the Living Dead' (1968)



1. 'An American Werewolf in London' (1981)








~Forbes.com

2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen Angel Heart before. Unfortunately it seems to be one of those movies that I keep forgetting I've heard of. My mom will be watching it and I'll go, "This is weird...what is it?" And then she'll tell me the name of the movie and that it has Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro in it, and tell me a bit about it. Then apparently I forget for the next year or whenever it comes on TV again. I know I've done this at least twice, but every time I see it on TV, instant amnesia.

    Unless those two made another horror movie together, then I might be talking about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's the only one they made together. And funny enough, it's the ONLY movie that I like Mickey O' Rourke in.

    ReplyDelete