Thursday, April 18, 2013

KICKSTARTER PROJECT: ZOMBIE BLACK PLAYING CARDS





Let the dark and Gothic art in these gruesome cards consume you.

Zombie Black is based on an old French style of poker cards, giving it that classic yet Gothic feel. The face cards tell the story of how each King, Queen and Jack fell to the hands of the undead. Or, in the case of the King of Hearts, rose to become the Slayer King.




Jokers
Jokers










199 Decks Remaining
199 Decks Remaining




To add any of the add-on items to your pledge, simply add the amount shown to your pledge level and at the end of our Kickstarter Campaign, we will send out a survey so you can tell us what you wanted to add. For example: If you are at the $25.00 Pledge level and you wanted to add a Dealer Button, then you would adjust your pledge to be $37.00.










Ace of Spades
Ace of Spades




We will be fully funded and be able to bring you these great playing cards!


Once we reach this stretch goal, I will have enough funds to pay for all of the setup charges and costs of production to release Zombie White. This is the companion deck to go with Zombie Black and as you can see from the examples below, Zombie White will go perfectly with all of your games that require two decks of cards, including Zombie Bite Solitaire. If this goal is reached, there will be a matching Zombie White version for the add-ons above excluding the Linocut prints. Once the project ends, you will be sent a survey asking you the color you want.  If your pledge included multiple decks and/or add-ons, you can mix and match how you please.
This version of Zombie White will also be a limited edition run and use metallic inks as well.Updated images coming soon!




Zombie White Tuck Box
Zombie White Tuck Box


Zombie  Black will be printed by USPCC on high quality playing cards stock, the same that is used on branded playing cards. These are not the cheap flimsy cards that you buy at a dollar store but rather the high quality cards that have been printed by a company that has decades of experience and quality behind them.


I have already completed all the artwork and it is ready to be sent to USPCC as soon as funding clears. During the card production I will be getting all the envelops ready for shipping. This way, as soon as I receive the cards and any add-ons, I can drop them in and send them out.


My name is Brian Lee. I have been a graphic designer for almost 2 decades. I am a board game enthusiast and I am a huge fan of the zombie genre. It has been my dream to start up my own game design company for as long as I can remember. I have several projects in the works right now,however, I wanted to start off a little slower with my first Kickstarter project so I am bringing you:  Zombie Black Poker Cards. I have spent months on these cards; designing them, revising them, printing sample decks and getting them to be exactly how they should be. By funding this project you will be helping in the creation of a unique set of playing cards as well as many more card sets and games to come. This will literally be my kick-start into game design, development and production. My deepest thanks for your pledge and your support.


Risks and challenges

Not only am I a graphic designer, I also work for a printing company as their graphics manager; preparing artwork for print. I am confident that all files have been setup correctly and should not have any delay. However, I am not completely familiar with every type of printing process and all requirements and capabilities that every company may have. This being the case, there may be minor changes that need to be made to the artwork once it goes into the pre-press cycle at USPCC.
Since this is my first Kickstarter project there may be unforeseen issues that come up that I have not prepared for. I have done hours of research into the process and I feel that I have covered all my bases. That being said, with any new project, things may pop up that I did not account for. I will always keep my backers updated every step of the way as the process progresses. This is your project too!
For more info or to make a pledge, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment