Tuesday, May 14, 2013

KICKSTARTER PROJECT: Zombie Emergency Kit - In Case Of Zombies Break Glass


If you love zombies (and who doesn't these days?) then your life simply isn't complete without one of these “In Case Of Zombies. Break Glass” emergency kits. This is truly the ultimate zombie collectible that you will want to proudly display on your desk or wall. Each 13.75x12.5x3.75” Zombie Emergency Kit features a red metal enclosure with plastic window. The interior components consist of a 9mm pistol, hatchet, grenade, medical kit and set of 6 bullets which are all cast resin flat backed replicas (non functional).
Zombie Emergency Kit
Zombie Emergency Kit
The original zombie emergency kit I produced was a much larger unit that I created for my Zombie Truck (yup, I drive around with zombies in the back of my truck!). I realized the demand for an affordable, production ready version of this after the constant requests I received from people to make them one. So I created a sculpture that I could create a silicone mold from that would allow me to produce these kits in volume. The original sculpture contains full sized replicas, real components and 3D printed components. After creating the mold, reproducing the components simply involves pouring colored resins into the impressions left in the mold. These components are then attached to a back plate and mounted into a windowed tin enclosure.
Front And Back Of In Case Of Zombies Break Glass Kit
Front And Back Of In Case Of Zombies Break Glass Kit
About Me
You could say zombies are an important part of my life. I have always been a fan of the horror genre and have actually made it part of my business. During the month of October I run the most elaborate, fear filled haunted attraction in our area. I have made it my job to scare the _____ out of people. I also built the “infamous” Zombie Truck, and founded the ZDU (Zombie Disposal Unit). The Zombie Truck is a custom built zombie capture and containment vehicle that features a 6’ tall metal enclosure and an arsenal of zombie huntin’ weaponry.
The Zombie Truck!
The Zombie Truck!
What I Need To Raise Funds For
In order to streamline the process and make it as efficient and cost effective as possible I need to create a set of at least 5 or 6 molds that I can pour all at once. In addition, the supplier we have sourced to make the red windowed enclosures requires us to order at least 500 units at a time in order to make the per unit cost reasonable, so we need a good amount of capital to place the initial order for the enclosures.
The Pledge Rewards
I have put together a collection of cool undead rewards at various pledge levels.
$5 Pledge Level
$5 Pledge Level
At the $5 pledge level you will get your name listed on our website as an official supporter of the ZDU (Zombie Disposal Unit). Your funding will help us fight the coming zombie apocalypse.
$15 Pledge Level
$15 Pledge Level
At the $15 pledge level you will get your name on the website, plus you will receive a 5x7” print that looks like the interior of a zombie emergency kit. Place it in any 5x7 frame and display it proudly on your desk.
$40 Pledge Level
$40 Pledge Level
At the $40 pledge level you will receive all previous rewards plus an 18x24” Walking Dead fan art poster that contains drawings of every character from all three seasons of the popular show.
$55 Pledge Level

$55 Pledge Level
At the $55 pledge level you will receive all previous rewards plus a cool Zombie Disposal unit mouse pad.
$140 Pledge Level

$140 Pledge Level
At the $140 pledge level you will receive one completed Zombie Emergency Kit. The kit features cast resin interior components and a 13.75x12.5x3.75” red tin enclosure with plastic window, along with “In Case Of Zombies Break Glass” printed on the inside.
$190 Pledge Level

$190 Pledge Level
At the $190 pledge level you get the ULTIMATE zombie lovers package, which includes one completed Zombie Emergency kit, ZDU mouse pad, Walking Dead fan art poster, 5x7 print and your name on our website as a ZDU supporter!
Thank You
Thank you for you for your interest and support of the Zombie Emergency Kit project! Unfortunately, if I don’t meet the funding goal the world as we know it will likely come to an end as we will have no defense against the coming zombie apocalypse. So pledge now and tell your friends!

Risks and challenges

There are little if any, risks or challenges with this project. I have already created the original sculpture, first mold and initial prototype, so in that respect the product creation process is already done and verified.
I have sourced a supplier overseas who can make the red windowed enclosures for us and they have sent samples.
The only risks might involve time delays due to production and delivery of the enclosures from the manufacturer overseas, as well as time delays to cast all the resin components of each kit if the demand is too high.
If I receive an unexpected number of orders, I will simply have to create more molds from the original sculpture and ensure the production process is as streamlined as possible.

To ask a question or make a pledge, click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment