Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Patrick D'Orazio's 'Beyond the Dark' Now Available In All Formats!


Permuted Press has completed the release process for Beyond The Dark with paper, ebook, and audio versions all now available.  This finishes off the new version of the trilogy, and as I mentioned when the ebook version was released, this version ofBeyond The Dark has the Dark Stories that were included in the original ebook trilogy release, plus some new additions, including a short story originally seen in "Eyewitness: Zombie", an anthology produced by May December Publications.  This is a tale of a National Guardsman told in first person which takes place in the early days of battle to fight the undead plague.  There is also a brief appearance by two of the characters that appear in the trilogy toward the end of the story and hints at their future plans.  A brand new Dark story makes its debut in this novel.  Lydia, one of the characters introduced in Into The Dark was one of the few key secondary characters who didn't get the flashback treatment.  One of the reviewers of the original Dark Stories was disappointed she didn't get the same treatment as everyone else did.  I agreed, and since I always knew what Lydia's history, I was able to craft her story for the release of this book in short order.  I have a great fondness of Lydia and I hope that you enjoy the tale of her first exposure to having her world turned upside down by the undead plague.
When people ask me what my favorite book of the trilogy is, its sort of like being asked to to choose between your children.  I sort of feel awkward answering that question.  But, since I have always thought of the trilogy as one saga, I do feel that Beyond The Dark does comprise the parts of the tale that are the most compelling, the ones that wrung the most emotions out of me in writing it.  It is also the book that gets the highest praise-a lot of 'he saved the best for last'.
There is more stories to be told in this world and I plan on revisiting it, but the Dark Trilogy stands on its own, and Beyond The Dark is my favorite part of the trilogy.  There, I said it.  I still love Comes The Dark and Into The Dark, but this is the piece of the puzzle I'm most proud of...and I hope you enjoy it!

~Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment