Wednesday, February 27, 2013

INDIEGOGO PROJECT: IN THE LAVENDER A Steampunk Zombie Odyssey



 This is the preorder/fundraiser for "IN THE LAVENDER" it will be a full colour 100+ page graphic novel.


 hero go bang ..lol
science!

IN THE LAVENDER, is a story that has something for everyone.  Whether you are into  Steampunk, zombies, pirates, or the post apocalyptic setting, or even if you love action and adventure, this graphic novel has it all.  It is horror, action, comedy and drama all rolled into one!  The story follows a group of heros aboard their flying steamship after they have stumbled across some technology that far surpasses the steampunk world they live in.  The heros believe this new found technology could be a weapon capable of destroying the evil corporation that currently rules the entire planet and its resources. So, they set out to take them down. However, this newly found technology is in the form of a reanimated brain, fitted into a steampunk/cyber mechanical body.  All hell breaks loose once everyone else finds out about this "discovered technology." Everyone from pirates to underground machine cultists want it for themselves. Suddenly, the crew finds themselves in a very complicated situation.

   IN THE LAVENDER is a very well thought out and indepth story.  It has a lot of very intricate plot lines, and story twists and turns that will keep you guessing and wanting more!  The main story though is about the steampunk zombie and how he is a regular guy from the year 2015 ish and his personal struggles in life.  He deals with the same things we all deal with: trying to discover his place in the world, trying to fit in, while facing his own inner demons as well as dealing with misplaced trust and a slew of other problems we all have in life. This isn't a story about the world of tomorrow, or zombies, or robots.  It is a story about you, me, the human condition and how we all are as people.  Just so happens the future is filled with awesome explosions, flying ships, massive mechanical cities, hordes of zombies, and a pile of steam ran everything!!! Welcome to the world ofIN THE LAVENDER!

   The title In the Lavender comes from a victorian slang term meaning "dead." The  story was written by myself (Eric Xton) and co written by my wife April. Most of the art is done by me, but, there will be many amazing guest artists from around the world helping out, like Josh Falls, Lidia Misfit, Travis Sharpe and colour work by Ryan Mihandoost of Colossal Robot .  All very talented artists!  Also, I will be updating this campaign regularly to keep everyone up to date.  Please bear with me, as I am new at this fund raising for projects thing lol.  Thank you for your interest!

 (below is a finished panel from the book)

 boom

What We Need & What You Get

   I'm shooting for $10,000. after this site takes its fees , the rest will go to the production,marketing and shipping of the graphic novel, as well as the perks being made. whats left will go to the artists and editors for their work provided. We will have stretch goals up, so if we make more than we need we will make it worth everyones while, and we will also put back into the indiegogo comunity, helping to support other peoples dreams into reality.   

below - one of our crew, shes sweet , gullable and totally in love with a cowboy, but can love really survive in the lavender? We will see ....
 become a character!
STAY TUNED WE WILL HAVE A PICTURE WITH EXAMPLES OF THE PERKS TEIR BY TEIR SOON!

 

   Your contribution to this campaign will make or break this dream of mine.  I simply cannot do this without you!  To be 100% honest here.  I don't have some cool success story to tell about how my last comic made it world-wide and I'm some super famous special person... I'm not...  I'm just some guy, trying to make something happen that I've always dreamed about doing. 

   I know that sites like this one have had some "shady" people use the system and get paid then disappear.  I really hope that a couple of bad apples dont ruin it for the ones like me, who really just want a chance to make it happen.  I'm linked with Facebook so I"m easy to track down. I'm not a hard person to find lol.  So, in that I hope that to some level after reading all this and watching the video you get how real I am about what I'm doing here.  I really hope you decide to support this graphic novel of mine , if so fantastic!!!  If not then please check out some of the other pages here you'll probably find a couple of others you might want to get involved in, there are a lot of good ideas here that need help.

(below is another finished panel from the book - colour by:Ryan Mihandoost)

our hero's end ?

THE RISKS? : Honestly, I can't think of any. I will make this happen no matter what. With the funding support however it will make everythign so much easier, and better!  

 

Other Ways You Can Help:

  Please share this with somone you know, or maybe a group you're in that might like it, if at all possible.  Just please help spread the word on a little.  It would be very much appreciated and could mean the difference between failure and sucess for me.  Indiegogo has some share tools to make it easier, check em out!

Thank you very much for taking a look at what I'm doing !!!!

here are some pics of early designs, enjoy!

 below - the clockwork captain, a standard clockworker robot corrupted into thinking its a old time pirate captian. He has a ship, a ruthless crew, and runs off coal, seems like a real pirate captain to me....

YARRRGGGG!!!! give me yer booty !

 below - the cowboy hero of the story, comes just in time to save the day, save our crew, and save the love of his life.....
yeeehaw



below - one of the cyber zombie half breeds that our hero must face!

steampunk meets cyberpunk zombies? yup

below - the main bad guy, I mean girl, after stumbling upon a old museum of nazi propoganda she decides to follow suit. She creates the new reich, and wants to purify the human race through machines ! 
 such a bad girl ....



For more info, or to make a pledge, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment