What was it the Misfits said? Oh, yes.
Brains for dinner
Brains for lunch
Brains for breakfast
Brains for brunch
Brains at every single meal
Why can't we have some guts?
While it might not be exactly what they had in mind, this Zombie Banana French Toast comes pretty close. If only in looks. Because it looks really, really gross.
Thankfully, it tastes far better than human brains ever could. (At least I think so, the taste of fresh human brains is theoretical at this point.) And horrors! It’s even vegan.
According to our friends over at Babble.com the toast is a naturally green color with a “sweet banana flavor” and extra fluffy white zombie sugar on top. Zombie french toast not quite slimy enough on its own? Add some extra zombie juice.
EWWWWWWW ... MMMMMMMM... EWWWWWW.... BANANAAAAAASSSS …
Zombie Banana French Toast
vegan, serves 4
4 large slices or 8 small slices day-old bread
Banana mixture “zombie juice”
1 1/2 bananas, very ripe
1/2 – 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond or soy work best)
1 tsp maple or agave syrup
a few dashes of cinnamon
1 handful baby spinach
optional: pinch of fresh orange zest
To cook: 1-2 Tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread
Over top: powdered sugar, organic
1. Blend the zombie banana mixture in a blender until smooth and pale green.
2. Soak the bread in the green banana mixture.
3. Heat the Earth Balance in a hot saute pan. Add i the soaked wet bread.
4. Cook about 3 minutes on each side – you can add an extra drizzle of green liquid about a minute before removing from the pan to leave a nice green pop of color on the surface.
5. Serve with some powdered sugar sprinkled over top – a side of green zombie juice too.